About Physics Department
Physics is a branch of science. It is one of the most fundamental scientific disciplines.The word physics comes from the Greek word meaning "nature". Physics can also be defined as “the department of knowledge which relates to the order of nature or in other words to the regular succession of events".
Modern physics connects ideas about the four laws of symmetry and conservation of energy, momentum, charge, and parity.
Department of Physics
To provide high quality physics education and equipping students for higher education and develop among students,sensitivity to contribute to the betterment of society through knowledge in Physics.
To build a foundation for excellence and encourage the development of the institution of the institution as a premier institute by igniting and promoting enthusiasm, interests and passion.
The goal is to provide sufficient knowledge and skills for students to be able to gain admission to and succeed in good quality physics graduate programs, focus on Advanced physics knowledge tools in physical science and encouragement to become life-long learners.
Separate Physics Laboratory
The Physics Laboratory at NISHITHA DEGREE COLLEGE have been structured as - General Physics Laboratory & Physics Dark Room Laboratory.
- General Physics Laboratory exposes the students towards the basic physical measurement & on the other hand the students have a hand on experience of handling advanced instruments of optics in Physics Dark Room.
- In the Physics Laboratory the students have a full- hand operation of measuring instruments such as Vernier Calipers, Screw Gauze, and Traveling Microscope.
- The students are also provided with full hands on experiences in optical instruments such as Optical benches, Lasers, Spectrometers.
- Students also gain experiences of handling Semiconductor crystals for measurements with advanced instruments such as Four Probe and Hall Effect, Dielectric Constant Measurements and B-H Curve analysis through interfacing
- Last but not the least we at NDC Physics Laboratory believe in making the students understand basic concepts in Physics and also provide an exposure & understanding in latest technological changes in Physics & Physics related fields.
Work Shop Facilities
We conduct work shop by professors to improve students’ practical knowledge.
Seminars by Experienced Faculties
Seminars are conducted for the students to proved power full strategies and skills to enhance self awareness and stage fear.Seminar has benefits including communication skills knowledge with motivation and confidence.
To Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of high quality curriculum We conduct guest faculty lectures to the students.
To make the students to gain practical knowledge of functioning of equipments. By these visits the students would get some awareness about getting placement opportunity in industries.
The alumni of all the past years were well-placed in reputed organizations like Tech Mahindra, Cognizent, Infosys etc. Right now, final year students are also selected in Wipro, TCS and many other MNCs.
Meet Our Faculty Members
The department of Physics was established in the year 1994 with the establishment of the three year bachelor in Science (Physics) program with a sanctioned strength of 50 and now it was extended to 150 members.
M.Sc Physics(Electronics & Instrumentation), Teaching and Technical Experience of 10 years
A.Nagaraja Sharma / Lecturer
M.Sc Physics (Electronics), Teaching and Technical Experience of 25 years
Mohd. Areefa begum / Lab Assistant
B.Sc Physics, Technical Experience of 05 years